Thursday, May 13, 2010

Gifts for the Children at Hope Orphanage











Today we took duffel bags loaded with flip flops, a large towel (one kid said, "Wow, it is so big."), a package of underwear, a toothbrush and plastic case, toothpaste, and soap with a plastic case. The kids will all attend camp this summer and this was a great start for their packing. The kids were all excited and could not hide their smiles. It was a little heartbreaking to see them so excited about towels; my kids take towels for granted. Thanks to our sponsors who generously share each month so that the children can have these blessings. It was quite humbling to see the kids so excited about these basic items and it reminded us that Jesus was right when he said it is blessed to serve "the least of these." One girl, who is not yet sponsored, asked us, "Will everyone receive a bag, or is it just for these children?" That was heartbreaking. We still need 25 more sponsors. If you have friends who might be willing to sponsor a child, why not ask them and share your joy to be a sponsor with them.

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Please contact me, I'd like to sponsor a child.

I also have an expensive pair of infant Rx glasses I would love to see go the baby house you do work at.

I adopted my son from Artemovsk 2 years ago and up until he came home he could barely see. Hard to learn much if your vision is horrible.

Anyhow I'd like to sponsor a kid some stuff for camp and some goodies now and then. Please send me and e-mail.
sjkarnes @ madisontelco.com
take out spaces of course.

 This blog is being used as our archive for our ministry previous to 2020. For current information about our ministry please visit our websi...