Thursday, April 11, 2019

March Trip to Kiev


I had a wonderful time in Kiev in March. I arrived on my birthday to a decorated apartment (thanks Serge and Lera) and a wonderful meal with Kostya and Olga Farkovets and family. The Young Adults met at our apartment on Sunday and Wednesday evenings for times of fellowship, study, and sharing meals together. The Teens met on Friday evenings. With these groups I studied the stories of Jesus raising people from the dead, the meaning of Jesus’ death, and how the resurrection is part of God’s plan to redeem and restore creation to God’s original intent for his world.

At Borys Grinchenko Kiev University I taught thirty-three classes. I gave away 150 copies of “40 Days with Jesus” a booklet about preparing for Easter and walking with Jesus through the Lenten season. I also distributed New Testaments to one group of students (because I was out of the other booklet). The students are very diverse at the university, some are engaged Christians while others had never even heard the story of Adam and Eve in the garden! With one group of students we celebrated an “Easter Party” at their request (this is the same group that had the Christmas Party – I think we have started a tradition!). Several students posted on Instagram about our classes. It is an amazing experience to be able to interact with these students and teach them about Jesus and the life of faith.

Thanks to our ministry partners who make it possible for me to work in Kiev, sowing seeds, encouraging faith, and helping disciples grow in the image of Jesus.

- Kenny Payne, D.Min.

Director, Cross Culture, Inc.

































No comments:

 This blog is being used as our archive for our ministry previous to 2020. For current information about our ministry please visit our websi...